Is your hair thick, frizzy, and hard to manage? Is it damaged? Highly processed? If so, you might be a candidate for a Brazilian Blowout, a method of chemical hair straightening or smoothing that leaves hair feeling rejuvenated and silky soft.
Professional Brazilian Blowout services are almost impossible to find in many places. In fact, of the 210,000 U.S. hair salons operating today, only a select amount are certified to perform Brazilian Blowouts.
The average woman will experiment with hair colors about three times in her life, and about three quarters of women have regretted at least one hairstyle choice. For those who have overdone it with dye, perms, or hot iron straightening in the past, Brazilian Blowouts are a great way to revive the hair and make it look natural again.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on what to expect during a Brazilian Blowout:
- The stylist will assess the status of your hair and determine the result you wish to achieve. Many women say that they would ask the opinion of the stylist before asking for a service, and rest assured, if you are not a good candidate for the Brazilian, you will be told so. Normally, if your hair is mostly straight or wavy, you will end up with a sleek, smooth look. If you have curly hair, your curls will remain intact, but they will no longer be frizzy. Your hair will be smoother with better defined curls.
- Anti-residue professional shampoo will be applied to your hair to achieve the best smoothing results.
- The stylist will towel dry your hair and section it off before applying the Brazilian Blowout solution, root to tip. Your hair will not become saturated, but just dusted with a chemical solution.
- Your hair will then be blow-dried and brushed as straight as possible with a round brush.
- A hot flat-iron is then used to make sure that the solution seals into your hair.
- Your hair will be rinsed with water and a special masque will be distributed throughout it to seal in the treatment even more, then rinsed again.
The entire professional Brazilian Blowout Service takes about an hour and a half to complete. Afterwards you will be left with smooth hair that will last about 12 weeks. Immediately after treatment, you will be able to wash your hair, work out, or put it in a ponytail without reversing the effects of the treatment.