Hair extensions are common cosmetic choices for many people, but wouldn’t it be easier to just grow out your natural hair then sit and have extension pieces applied routinely? For many, the answer is a hard no.
While many simply like the look of long hair extensions, there are lots of reasons why both men and women choose to wear them over their natural hair.
- Lots of people do not like the look of their natural hair. It may be dull, flat, naturally thin, or just in need of a little boost. Some people simply cannot grow their hair out to a certain length, and it’s as simple as that. Undergoing hair extension services is an easy way to alter the appearance of your natural hair to make it seem fuller and more voluminous.
- Those who go to the salon for frequent hair coloring or chemical treatments are subject to extensive hair damage over time. By overworking your hair with these constant color or straightening treatments, the damage becomes more noticeable and harder to correct. Hair extensions are a great way to achieve the same look that you may have desired, but give your hair a break from harsh treatments.
- Many people enjoy the variety of possibilities that come with hair extensions. One quarter of hair salon clients have changed their hair to “reinvent” themselves and try something new. Hair salons are able to change your look month by month depending on your mood or personality. You could have long, sleek locks one day and fun, flirty curls the next. You could also experiment with different colors without committing to dyeing your natural hair. This is good for one-time events that make you want to experiment with a new look. Hair extensions could also serve as a trial run for a more permanent look that you might want in the future.
- Hair loss is an unfortunate fact of life for many people. Balding and thinning hair can cause severe self esteem problems for men and women alike, but can be fixed with hair extension services. Beauty salons want to make you feel good about the way you look, so if you’re unsatisfied with your thinning head of hair, they can give you a new one that looks totally natural. No one will even know.
- Some medical treatments can also cause hair loss. Chemotherapy can cause hair loss in cancer patients that otherwise would not have lost their hair so early. Hats and scarves are not the only ways to cover up medically-induced hair loss. Weaves are another great way to reclaim confidence and beauty for many cancer and alopecia victims.
Splash Hair Salon is a premiere Indianapolis beauty salon that offers hair extension services for all sorts of clients. While they are much healthier than chemical treatments, know that extensions can cause hair damage if not cared for properly. Always pay attention to the care instructions given to you by your stylist.
If you’re ready to create your new look, give us a call to set up an appointment!